The Kundalini Awakening

The Kundalini Awakening...

"Our purpose in this life is to live in higher consciousness and to teach others to live in higher consciousness. But the best test to that consciousness is humility, selflessness, and sweetness. When you teach, teach with honesty, truthfulness, and straightforwardness. As a teacher, never compromise. As a man, always compromise. The teacher who compromises is an idiot; a person who does not compromise is an idiot. Because the teacher does not teach for himself, but for the higher consciousness. And higher consciousness will never compromise with lower consciousness. This is a straight law and that has to be considered as a law; that has to be observed as a law.”

Yogi Bhajan

An interesting conversation with a lovely Hindu man this morning has prompted me to re-post, and revamp this piece I wrote last year for Dear Wicked, this is my original work, based on my personal experience. I hope you enjoy.

The Kundalini Awakening happens to about 24% of the population and most of the time it is written off as a physical condition, instead of a spiritual condition that is manifesting in the physical.

The word Kundalini (Sanskrit) means 'coiled like a snake' which seems appropriate since it is the life force energy that sits at the base of the spine, bound, and awaits for the awakening. Kundalini, being feminine itself, is often associated with Shakti, the feminine life force, or sexual energy.

An awakening can happen intentionally through Kundalini Yoga, or other various Yoga poses, but it can also be unintentional, say a back injury, a fall or extreme emotional distress. Some experts say that child birth, meditative practices, and celibacy may also contribute to the awakening. In my case it was a mixture of celibacy and yoga practices; when I had my spiritual awakening, I knew I needed to focus on self, love self, satisfy self and that meant I had to cut off sexual encounters; The best decision I had ever made.

I sit here now in August of 2015, and have remained celibate since October 2013. I will break my celibacy when the correct man comes into my life, and not a moment before. Before my awakening I would not have shown such restraint. Celibacy is a personal choice, and one that not many understand. I consider myself to be an extremely sexual, and sensual being and am often told it oozes from my Soul, but I don't need to be actively engaging in sexual encounters with no substance to be considered sexual; just one of many lessons my awakening has shown me, before I didn't know my worth and I was freely giving my sexual self away.

When your Kundalini energy decides to awaken, it is a sudden pulsating surge that moves up the spine like a serpent and as it moves it blasts open your chakras, one by one. Most people stay at one level of consciousness for long periods of time, what the Kundalini does is rips open your third eye, and brings to light any emotions, or wounds you are hiding in the depths of your chakras.

Here is an excerpt from a great book on the topic called "Psychotherapy and Spirit":

"As each chakra opens, new levels of consciousness are revealed. Since the consciousness of most people is fairly restricted, the opening of the chakras is accompanied by consciousness expansion and purification of the limitations or impurities that correspond to each chakra." -Brant Cortright, Ph.D.

I can attest that it is probably the most painful experience one can have, because you are being attacked, for lack of a better word, on a spiritual, physical and emotional level but it is your self who is the attacker. For a control freak like me, that IS true pain.

You can usually feel a tingly, pressure with an intensity that I cannot even begin to put into words, from your tailbone up through the crown chakra, I am known to have blockages in between my shoulder blades, and that is when my emotional state is chaotic, or when I have not meditated in a while.

Some of the physical symptoms of this awakening are: sensations of heat, tremors, involuntary laughing or crying, talking in tongues, nausea, diarrhea or constipation, rigidity or limpness,animal-like movements and sounds. The Kundalini energy is a yogi philosophic form of Shatki. If you are not familiar with the term Shatki, it is the female principle of Divine energy, especially when personified as the supreme deity, Durga. Since the Kundalini energy is feminine, even though both sexes carry it, it makes sense to refer to Kundalini as a form of Shatki. A side effect that I have heard many women experiencing during this specific awakening is they become prone to yeast infections. The vagina, the sacral and the root chakra are considered the feminine Shatki, and when that is out of whack, so to speak, it triggers all types of physical manifestations, even though it is a spiritual issue.

So, please listen to your body and treat it accordingly. I am going to give some tips that have helped me get through this process, one that I still have good and bad days with.

The number one thing that has helped me is my piece of jet. There is a property within this specific crystal that when it is worn between the breasts (on a male or female) it takes the Kundalini energy and allows it to be released through the crown chakra. This can cause a slight light headed feeling, a flood of memories, or even tired feeling, but you must release the energy if you do not have time to sit and meditate to get control of it.

The second thing that has helped me is meditation. While in your meditative state you must find your snake, in most cases you will see a field of snakes, but you must single yours out, allow the snake to come to you. You must take control of her, and allow her to coil her energy around your left hand. You must let her know that you are in control, but pay respect to this Divine feminine energy while doing so.

Also, yoga or some kind of stretching is essential to the Kundalini process. I as a beginner yogi realize that Yoga is hard for many, but there are some poses that everyone can do to some degree that will benefit the release of built up energy in your spine. Such as: child's pose, downward dog, and Kundalini Yoga itself is fairly simple as it focuses on stretch more so than strength, and resistance. If you don't know where to go, there are lots of great DVD's so that you may try this at home, if you would like suggestions, just ask.

The next thing I suggest is find a creative outlet, for me it's my writing, and divination. I became a bad ass tarot reader, and scryer because I had to focus my mind on something, anything, to get my mind off the pain. Find something that challenges your mind so that you are not continuously checking back in on the pain but make sure that it is something you thoroughly enjoy doing.

The last thing I suggest is eating a healthy diet, and stay hydrated! This means try to be aware of the processed foods you are eating, stay away from foods that are too fatty, try to eat as natural, and organic as you can. Try adding in spices, your taste buds will change during this awakening. I am an advocate for water and tea; I keep it simple. Try to drink as much water as you can, and stay away from substances (foods, drugs, alcohol, anything foreign) in large amounts. Alcohol intake can increase the pain, and makes you dehydrated, which makes the spine pain worse. When the body is dehydrated the discs that connect your vertebrae become less flexible, and almost "dry".

I know from personal experience that this can truly be a devastating awakening, but the reward at the end is like nothing else in this world. My advice is to take care of self, listen to self, love yourself and the rest will work out in time. You must be patient, do not rush the process. Please do not go out of your way bending, and contorting to awaken this energy. If it is meant to happen to you, it will. If you wake her up and she is not ready to be awakened, prepare for a wrath like no other.

The Kundalini rising is just another way that the serpent gives us knowledge. Embrace it.

If you are so inclined to read more about the Kundalini, or wish to go against my advice and awaken her yourself, lol, you may click this link:

http://www.yogananda.com.au/pyr/pyr_kundalini1.html

Quelle
~~ courage ~ compassion ~ connection ~~
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ vulnerability ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ Γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: The Kundalini Awakening

gowiththeflo hat geschrieben:Hast Du selbst auch Kundalini-Erfahrungen gemacht?
:nixplan:

Ich hab ja eher so Schwierigkeiten damit, dem Kinde einen Namen zu geben, da ich ja nichts anderes habe als meine eigene Wahrnehmung. Das hatte ich auch z.B. schonmal bei dem Thema "Ego-Auflösung" geschrieben. Ist das, was ich erlebe, gleich dem, was andere zu verschriftlichen versuchen? :verwirrt: :nixplan:
Nehme ich einige der oben beschriebenen "Symptome" zusammen und es ist das, was "Kundalini-Erfahrungen" bedeutet, würde ich mit "ja" antworten.

Und du?

Du hast es schon nahezu perfekt in Worte gefasst. Würde meine Erfahrungen nicht anders beschreiben können. Bezogen auf einzelne Symptome kenne ich solche Erfahrungen wie die oben beschriebene. Gesetzmäßigkeiten würde ich daraus nicht ableiten. Und daher hab ich auch keinen Verhaltenskatalog.

Ich finde es irgendwie unangemessen, manche Ereignisse als Ausdruck des Erwachens der Lebensenergie zu deuten und andere, scheinbar bedeutungslose(re) und profane(re), nicht. Nach meinem Verständnis ist alles eine Manifestation der Lebensenergie - das Erwachen findet in jeder Sekunde statt. So musste ich lernen und akzeptieren, das Bewusstsein auch für diejenigen Erfahrungen zu öffnen, die zwischen den scheinbar hevorragenden Erfahrungen liegen, und dabei ist mir ein zielgerichtetes Streben (edit: i. S. v. Erreichenwollen) und der Drang Ereignisse zu beurteilen mit der Zeit immer mehr abhanden gekommen.

Die Geschichte mit der Zielsetzung aka Streben nach... in diesem Kontext hab ich eh nie wirklich verstanden.
Wie kann ich nach etwas streben, von dem ich selbst keine Vorstellung habe?

Und dann, wenn ich etwas erlebt habe, was in der Wahrnehmung dem nahe kommt, was andere als dies oder jenes beschrieben haben, woher will ich wissen, dass bzw ob damit das Ende der Fahnenstange erreicht ist - oder was noch alles möglich ist? Dass das Bedürfnis besteht, außergewöhnliche Erfahrungen teilen zu wollen, das kenne ich sehr gut. Wie schnell man damit aber an die Grenzen des Beschreibbaren stößt, ebenfalls. Dass dann gewisse Erfahrungen einsortiert werden möchten und ich mich dann auf die Suche nach Berichten aufgemacht habe, die meinem Erleben nahe zu kommen scheinen, auch. Meine Motivation bei der Suche war der Wunsch nach einem Verstandenwerden.

Aber wahrscheinlich bleibt am Ende des Tages nicht viel mehr übrig, als sich am Erlebten zu erfreuen (wenn es als positiv erlebt wurde), sich daran zu erinnern und es bei sich zu belassen.

Und wenn ich dann Schriftstücke finde, die manches in Worte zu fassen scheinen von dem, was ich erlebt habe, dann freue ich mich einfach dran. :) Grinsen musste ich z.B. bei obigem Plädoyer für das Zölibat - weil ich mich mit dem Geschriebenen verstanden fühle. ;)

Sonntagskind hat geschrieben:Die Geschichte mit der Zielsetzung aka Streben nach... in diesem Kontext hab ich eh nie wirklich verstanden.
Naja, Vorstellungen kann man sich doch mit Leichtigkeit machen. Das Ego ist da mit Begeisterung dabei. Musst Dir nur das Erweckungsgeschwafel von irgendwelchen Meistern reinziehen und schon glaubt das Ego, dass sein Weg da auch hinführt. ;)

gowiththeflo hat geschrieben:
Sonntagskind hat geschrieben:Die Geschichte mit der Zielsetzung aka Streben nach... in diesem Kontext hab ich eh nie wirklich verstanden.
Naja, Vorstellungen kann man sich doch mit Leichtigkeit machen. Das Ego ist da mit Begeisterung dabei. Musst Dir nur das Erweckungsgeschwafel von irgendwelchen Meistern reinziehen und schon glaubt das Ego, dass sein Weg da auch hinführt. ;)
Nja, ich sprach von mir, nicht von "man". ;) Und nein, das funktioniert bei mir so jedenfalls nicht, das ist mir viel zu abstrakt - wobei es konkreter wohl auch nicht geht, weil das in der Natur der Sache liegt. Mehr so: Erst das (eigene) Erleben, dann das Geschwafel. :blacklol: Aber oftmals eben auch nicht, weil das Problem der Darstellung des Erlebten IMO dennoch bleibt (bei mir zumindest).

gowiththeflo hat geschrieben:Ich finde es irgendwie unangemessen, manche Ereignisse als Ausdruck des Erwachens der Lebensenergie zu deuten und andere, scheinbar bedeutungslose(re) und profane(re), nicht. Nach meinem Verständnis ist alles eine Manifestation der Lebensenergie - das Erwachen findet in jeder Sekunde statt. So musste ich lernen und akzeptieren, das Bewusstsein auch für diejenigen Erfahrungen zu öffnen, die zwischen den scheinbar hevorragenden Erfahrungen liegen, und dabei ist mir ein zielgerichtetes Streben (edit: i. S. v. Erreichenwollen) und der Drang Ereignisse zu beurteilen mit der Zeit immer mehr abhanden gekommen.
das erwachen kann ja vielfältige formen annehmen

in medizinischen kreisen kristallisierte sich der begriff des "kundalini awakening syndrome" heraus
http://www.ichikung.com/html/kundalinisyndrome.php
http://www.beliefnet.com/wellness/healt ... drome.aspx
Sensory symptoms are thought to include:

changes in body temperature (feelings of heat or cold)
a feeling of energy running along the spine or progressing upwards in the body
a feeling of electricity in the body
headache and pressure inside of the head
tingling
vibrations and gastro-intestinal problems

Cognitive and affective symptoms are thought to include:

psychological upheaval
stress
depression
depersonalization or derealization
intense mood-swings
altered states of consciousness (trance-like experiences)
hallucinations (inner visions or acoustical phenomena)
but also moments of bliss and deep peace
gopi krishna ist ja einer der kundalini-sprecher wenn es um das thema geht aber sein buch "The Evolutionary Energy in Man" echt unverständlich. ganz kewl zu dem thema: john woodroffe/artrhur avalon - the serpent power :) link: http://www.aghori.it/woodroffe_the_serpent_power.pdf oder http://cincinnatitemple.com/articles/Ar ... -Power.pdf

also hab auch ne eigene überlegung dazu: "die schlange ist der leere raum" (der vom mund zum rektum durch den körper geht) ... der kopf ist die mundhöhle, ihr hals (von der schlange) ist die speise/luftröhre und der gekringelte darm ist halt der körper... somit wäre die schlange eigentlich nicht da sondern der leere raum in diesen organen :)

wie weckt man die schlange? jeder input ist willkommen (weil) ich weiß nicht wie das nu gehen könnte...^^

Bild