Re: Philosophische Sprüche/Texte

Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes hat geschrieben: My father Joszef, an Old Country tailor used to say about contretemps, narrow and perilous passages, shocking circumstances, of which there were many in his war torn, refugee, immigrant family and friend survivors:

"Dew note tri tew conveens de hat full; tern eenstet to strenthin de gut peppels."

"Do not try to convince the hateful, turn instead to strengthen the good people."
~~ courage ~ compassion ~ connection ~~
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ vulnerability ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ Γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Oriah Mountain Dreamer hat geschrieben:Tomorrow the days start to get a little longer as the light returns. My prayer is to take what I have seen in the darkness with me into the growing light. And I offer that prayer for us all individually and collectively. May our eyes be open to see what is. May our hearts be open so we can hold what is with a fierce love that chooses life fully even as we refuse to look away from that which is hard.

A CELEBRATION OF WEIRD
Don't become a spiritual zombie, devoid of passion and deep human feeling.
Let spirituality become a celebration of your uniqueness rather than a repression of it! Never lose your quirkiness, your strangeness, your weirdness - your unique and irreplaceable flavour. Don't try or pretend to be 'no-one' or 'nothing' or some transcendent impersonal non-entity - that's just another conceptual fixation and nobody's buying it any more. We've woken up from the nondual trance.
Be a celebration of what your unique human expression is and stop apologising. Fall in love with this perfectly divine, very human mess that you are. There is no authority here, and no way to get life wrong.
So get it all wrong. And feel so right.
- Jeff Foster
happiness is the absence of resistance

David Whyte: Rest

REST

is the conversation between what we love to do and how we love to be. Rest is the essence of giving and receiving; an act of remembering, imaginatively and intellectually but also physiologically and physically. To rest is to give up on the already exhausted will as the prime motivator of endeavor, with its endless outward need to reward itself through established goals. To rest is to give up on worrying and fretting and the sense that there is something wrong with the world unless we are there to put it right; to rest is to fall back literally or figuratively from outer targets and shift the goal not to an inner static bull’s eye, an imagined state of perfect stillness, but to an inner state of natural exchange.

The template of natural exchange is the breath, the autonomic giving and receiving that forms the basis and the measure of life itself. We are rested when we are a living exchange between what lies inside and what lies outside, when we are an intriguing conversation between the potential that lies in our imagination and the possibilities for making that internal image real in the world; we are rested when we let things alone and let ourselves alone, to do what we do best, breathe as the body intended us to breathe, to walk as we were meant to walk, to live with the rhythm of a house and a home, giving and taking through cooking and cleaning. When we give and take in an easy foundational way we are closest to the authentic self, and closest to that self when we are most rested. To rest is not self indulgent, to rest is to prepare to give the best of ourselves, and to perhaps, most importantly, arrive at a place where we are able to understand what we have already been given.

In the first state of rest is the sense of stopping, of giving up on what we have been doing or how we have been being. In the second, is the sense of slowly coming home, the physical journey into the body’s un-coerced and un-bullied self, as if trying to remember the way or even the destination itself. In the third state is a sense of healing and self-forgiveness and of arrival. In the fourth state, deep in the primal exchange of the breath, is the give and the take, the blessing and the being blessed and the ability to delight in both. The fifth stage is a sense of absolute readiness and presence, a delight in and an anticipation of the world and all its forms; a sense of being the meeting itself between inner and outer, and that receiving and responding occur in one spontaneous movement.

A deep experience of rest is the template of perfection in the human imagination, a perspective from which we are able to perceive the outer specific forms of our work and our relationships whilst being nourished by the shared foundational gift of the breath itself. From this perspective we can be rested while putting together an elaborate meal for an arriving crowd, whilst climbing the highest mountain or sitting at home surrounded by the chaos of a loving family.

Rested, we are ready for the world but not held hostage by it, rested we care again for the right things and the right people in the right way. In rest we reestablish the goals that make us more generous, more courageous, more of an invitation, someone we want to remember, and someone others would want to remember too.

‘REST’ From
CONSOLATIONS:
The Solace, Nourishment and Underlying

I don’t know if I’ve learned anything yet! I did learn how to have a happy home, but I consider myself fortunate in that regard because I could’ve rolled right by it. Everybody has a superficial side and a deep side, but this culture doesn’t place much value on depth — we don’t have shamans or soothsayers, and depth isn’t encouraged or understood. Surrounded by this shallow, glossy society we develop a shallow side, too, and we become attracted to fluff. That’s reflected in the fact that this culture sets up an addiction to romance based on insecurity — the uncertainty of whether or not you’re truly united with the object of your obsession is the rush people get hooked on. I’ve seen this pattern so much in myself and my friends and some people never get off that line.

But along with developing my superficial side, I always nurtured a deeper longing, so even when I was falling into the trap of that other kind of love, I was hip to what I was doing. I recently read an article in Esquire magazine called ‘The End of Sex,’ that said something that struck me as very true. It said: “If you want endless repetition, see a lot of different people. If you want infinite variety, stay with one.” What happens when you date is you run all your best moves and tell all your best stories — and in a way, that routine is a method for falling in love with yourself over and over.

You can’t do that with a longtime mate because he knows all that old material. With a long relationship, things die then are rekindled, and that shared process of rebirth deepens the love. It’s hard work, though, and a lot of people run at the first sign of trouble. You’re with this person, and suddenly you look like an asshole to them or they look like an asshole to you — it’s unpleasant, but if you can get through it you get closer and you learn a way of loving that’s different from the neurotic love enshrined in movies. It’s warmer and has more padding to it.

Joni Mitchell

Matt Licata
In close personal relationships, it is important to emphasize a secure attachment bond and the co-regulation of challenging emotional material that will inevitably arise when we allow another to matter. To emphasize and privilege kindness toward our partners, to slow down and take the time to listen to them and how they are organizing their experience and hold them during difficult times. To never forget their subjectivity, to create a sanctuary for mutual vulnerability, and prioritize connection in our lives.

It is also vital to be on the lookout for unhealthy fusion, honoring the reality that we are not only connected, but also separate as individuals. Any secure attachment must include healthy differentiation, where at times the most skillful and authentic activity will be to establish firm boundaries, assert our independence, disappoint our partners, allow them to struggle and confront feelings of aloneness, and to remove the burden we may have mutually and unconsciously placed upon one another to heal one another’s unlived lives.

While the concept of oneness is alluring, simple, and seductive, true embodied oneness is alive and does not exist without multiplicity, without a radical embrace of the chaos, contradiction, and darker revelations of love. The wise navigation of the opposites – staying within the complex and unresolvable tension between them – will reveal a portal into a new way.

Healthy intimacy is not the same as emotional fusion or enmeshed merging. Those called to relationship as path will be continuously asked to tend to this fire as it arises in the interactive field and stay committed to clear seeing and discernment as the contradictory energies surge for integration.

While from a transpersonal perspective, we can speak about our oneness with all of life, within the relative we are also separate, each with our own distinctive histories and fates, ways of organizing our experience, and distinctive paths of individuation. To dissolve these differences into some homogenized spiritual middle does not honor the sacredness of form and the unique longing of each human heart.

If we do not consciously tend to the reality of our separateness, it will inevitably express itself in less than conscious ways, in tangled and unproductive conflict, unleashing our unmetabolized shadows into the relational field. Like all work of depth, this art form evolves slowly, as it marinates and cooks in the alchemical vessel of the body and the heart.

May we be kind to our partners (and ourselves) as we navigate this territory together, honoring the vehicle of intimacy as one of the most transformative, sacred, and challenging that we have in our modern world.